Near full range BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator)

What makes me amazed, is the poecy and heroism of the story told on website!
Here is a 6moons review of the precessor Encore showing the egg 6moons audio reviews: Overkill Audio Encore Speaker System

hero2.jpg

But hey, isn't the Node Hylixa's bass basically a compression driver? I can see only one route for soundwaves to exit.

Specifications show measured response, nothing special to brag about actually
https://www.node-audio.com/docs/hylixa-specification.pdf

Attachments

• node specs.jpg
    node specs.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 681
Last edited:
What is the difference between a nxt and dml panel?

Its basically the same thing...NXT is the company brand name....Alvipet is just calling it NXT because that is the more popular term as NXT revived DML tech in the 90's.

NXT also coined the term BMR even though BMR technology existed even before NXT made it popular again.

DML technology existed in the 60's or earlier so its not as rare as one might think.

Now that Exciters are readily available one can make there own DML panels.

Sorry Jeff, I missed your post, this is how they look but I’m probably going to make a nicer mk2 version in white.
I have a pair of drivers on the front & one each side, they are wired series parallel for 4ohm nominal load & all in phase.

I’m really pleased with the result, very subtle & diffuse surround effect, they draw much less attention to themselves than the MKsound tripole speakers they have replaced but still give a great “surround bubble” effect, I’d like to swap my atoms speakers for BMR’s but I may cheat & grab a couple of white Cambridge Audio minx22’s 2nd hand at some point.

Hi all,
Having run these surround speakers for a while now, i have started making a mk2 version with better cabinets & the drivers mounted to the rear face of the baffle to conceal the frame.

As the speakers have two BMR drivers on the front face, I am wondering if I should try rolling off the hf from one of the drivers ?

I’d like to hear people’s thoughts on this & how I would go about achieving the roll off ?

I might be able to source some of the older CSS drivers, any tips on small line arrays, and if its even worth doing, say 3 or 5 drivers with woofer.

Hey guys,

I am selling some original CSS 4.5 inch Neo BMR,s... 4 or 5 are still in packaging and 20 or 24 ( need to check in garage!) are in test cabinets... All sound great even in old mule / test cabinets.
I bought a shed ( literally!) load of Overkills old gear and never got round to finishing my man cave installation... Kids came along and needed the room!

Also got some Manger drivers (original BMR from Germany) and Beyma full range and Beyma broad band and Seas 8 inch etc etc... Check out my swap meet post. https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swa...-boards-speaker-drivers-sale.html#post5894758
Cheers
D.

Hey guys,

I am selling some original CSS 4.5 inch Neo BMR,s... 4 or 5 are still in packaging and 20 or 24 ( need to check in garage!) are in test cabinets... All sound great even in old mule / test cabinets.
I bought a shed ( literally!) load of Overkills old gear and never got round to finishing my man cave installation... Kids came along and needed the room!

Also got some Manger drivers (original BMR from Germany) and Beyma full range and Beyma broad band and Seas 8 inch etc etc... Check out my swap meet post. https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swa...-boards-speaker-drivers-sale.html#post5894758
Cheers
D.

I’ll buy all four that are still in packages! PM sent.

Hey guys,

Cheers
D.

Hi D,
What is the price for the used BMR’s please?

I’m considering using the 8 BMR’s I already have for dual driver Atmos channels & another 4 drivers would give me a full .6 set of discreet Atmos speakers.

Hi Jason,

The unused ones (I have 5) are £40.00 per driver.
So I would really like to sell the rest in two lots...
They are mounted in test cabinets, 12 drivers per cabinet, to save the time it takes removing the drivers how do you fancy picking up the whole cabinet with 12 drivers for £25 per driver?!

Hi Jason,

The unused ones (I have 5) are £40.00 per driver.
So I would really like to sell the rest in two lots...
They are mounted in test cabinets, 12 drivers per cabinet, to save the time it takes removing the drivers how do you fancy picking up the whole cabinet with 12 drivers for £25 per driver?!

Thanks for the info but please count me out.