Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Near full range BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator)
Near full range BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator)
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd October 2018, 04:36 PM   #561
cacio is offline cacio
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvipet View Post
In my opinion it will be correct to use 4 speakers TEBM65C20F-8 and 4 speakers TEBM35C10-4. This will ensure sufficient sound pressure in both bands with minimal distortion. I got a good result with a crossover point at 1kHz. Near full range BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) pictures in post #537

have you tried the TEBM46C20N-4B ?
I'm planning a 2.2 portable bluetooth speaker and want to use 2x Sonos Play 5 Woofers and 2 BMR drivers. I was looking at the CSS BMR56XE N8R but it seems not possible to buy some.

TheTEBM65C20F-8can not be used full range. And while the data for TEBM46C20N-4B looks good, i have read here on diyaudio that the speaker has some problems after some time, and the frequency response alters with time.

I also have thought about using 2x Tectonic TEBM35C10-4 for each side.

It would be kind if you would share your thoughts on which driver would be the best.

Thanks
Old 3rd November 2018, 04:08 AM   #562
Alvipet is offline Alvipet  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacio View Post
It would be kind if you would share your thoughts on which driver would be the best.

Thanks
Unfortunately I do not know the TSP parameters for Sonos Play 5 Woofer, but to make the right choice you should take into account the difference in power and sensitivity. Therefore, I assume that most likely you should choose the TEBM46C20N-4B. By the way, I have no negative experience with these drivers.
Old 5th November 2018, 02:13 PM   #563
cacio is offline cacio
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Unfortunately I do not know the TSP parameters for Sonos Play 5 Woofer, but to make the right choice you should take into account the difference in power and sensitivity. Therefore, I assume that most likely you should choose the TEBM46C20N-4B. By the way, I have no negative experience with these drivers.
Thank You

i'll try to get some more reviews about the TEBM46C20N-4B

and yeah its hard to get any data for the woofer as it is not sold separately from sonos, but you can get it on ebay. the only "data" i have is that the "Xmax is 9.4mm each way" and a very low distortion.

The Sonos Play 5 (2nd Gen) has 3x the 4" Woofer and some DSP magic with which the Speaker goes <40Hz in such small enclosure. It should be one of the best portable speakers you can buy, but i have not heard it myself yet

this channel has some content about it, since its rare to find any info about Sonos speaker parts. i guess the people who buy Sonos don't really take them apart xD
YouTube
Old 21st November 2018, 05:23 PM   #564
mmu7x is offline mmu7x
diyAudio Member

Quote:
It seems that the theme has completely died down, it's time to show something new
What's the port looking thing at the back ?
Old 6th December 2018, 03:41 PM   #565
Alvipet is offline Alvipet  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmu7x View Post
What's the port looking thing at the back ?
This is the implementation of such a construction http://www.tornadoacoustics.ru/conte...04.10.21S1.pdf

Near full range BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator)Hide this!Advertise here!