Towers for Mark Audio speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you chrisb. Do you prefer this arrangement to the one where they are
front and rear mounted?
jamikl

yes - for me ease of placement near rear boundary is a major factor with any speaker enclosure (the WAF thing)

While I've heard both versions in Dave's very large room, I've never actually compared them in my much smaller living room, and since our builds also used different drivers ( CHR70 vs EL70), there'd be two variables in the mix.

I've personally been more satisfied with the EL70 than the CHR70 in every comparable build in which I've heard them, but there's certainly no reason the CHR70 could work in the Castle design. Of course when the new version hits the market, all previous listening impressions could need reassessment, as well perhaps as twiddling with enclosure designs.

Thanks chrisb. I am waiting for the new versions. I am also interested in
one or two of the bass drivers, if they are still made, with an EL70 or one of the other smaller drivers to cover lower mid or upper bass up to tweeter frequencies.
I would like to keep the lower bass out of the mid to allow perhaps cleaner sound and a bit more headroom.
jamikl

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.