A poor man Feastrex !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I figure a single cap on a tweeter at 8 KHz should not cause too much damage. Interesting about the barkhausen effect, as the magnetic field gets stronger the effect gets much worse.

A good reason to use PA speakers I guess? Tubes need all the help they can get so I hope the higher efficiency trend continues.

Now back to dragging out details from Nelson.

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
would love to hear your opinion on them.

I haven't had the time to devote to them in terms of trying
to make them better. Out of the box they have most of the
flaws of your heavier paper FR, but almost every driver can
be made to sound better. When I get the time I'll put
something up, because they do seem to have potential,
and they look striking with the faintly glowing greenish-
white cone.

:cool:

I haven't had the time to devote to them in terms of trying
to make them better. Out of the box they have most of the
flaws of your heavier paper FR, but almost every driver can
be made to sound better. When I get the time I'll put
something up, because they do seem to have potential,
and they look striking with the faintly glowing greenish-
white cone.

Hello Nelson,
Also Iam all ears to read any tip about:
> flaws of your heavier paper FR
> almost every driver can be made to sound better

Thanks, Gustavo

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I'm not in Foresthill at the moment, but I recall that they are made by Goldsound.

The thing about full range drivers tends to come down to cone material and construction. With the Lowthers, Feastrex and some others the cone paper is thin enough to pass light. Drivers like Fostex, Audio Nirvana and Seas have thicker material, and there tends to be some similarities in sound within these two categories.

As far as getting drivers to sound better, mostly it involves fooling around with source impedances, series and parallel passive networks, mild EQ, playing with different enclosures and baffle arrangements and speaker positioning and angle.

You know the drill.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.