Programs that Down/Up - Scale box dimensions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Chris. I am just using up spare time by putting a full ranger in an existing cabinet. The cabinet is slightly larger than the plans for the dedicated driver. If it works - great, if not....nothing lost. It is the internal partitions that I wanted to scale-up.

Rob.

Hi Chris. I am just using up spare time by putting a full ranger in an existing cabinet. The cabinet is slightly larger than the plans for the dedicated driver. If it works - great, if not....nothing lost. It is the internal partitions that I wanted to scale-up.

Rob.

If all you have is a sealed cabinet that's oversize for the driver then just add solid fill to lower the internal volume. Either that, or fit an internal blanking plate to achieve the same thing. Be sure to make it airtight.
You may have to experiment with the amount of fill.

If the cabinet is vented, then you'll need to also do the calc's to find the diameter/length of the vent. Not too difficult if you have the driver data. If you don't have or can't get the driver data, then your other option is to identify another design using that driver and start with the diameter and length of vent in that cabinet.

cheers

Doug

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.