Mark Audio CHP70 Vs. Tang Band W3-871

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
EL70 will actually produce bass, it is less coloured and more extended on the top. Larger cone gives better dynamics & will play louder.

Construction quality is better, and unit-to-unit consistency is better.

My opinion? No contest.

dave

Attachments

• EL70-vrs-TB-871.jpg
    EL70-vrs-TB-871.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 604
Dear Tyimo,

I agree with Dave, I have a pair of Needles with W3-871 and they do sound a lot better than the FRS8's I was using.

I have done a side by side comparison with FH3 fitted with CHP-70. The CHP-70's have taken my audio experience to a new level, clarity, detail, bass, stereo imaging and what I can only describe as an 'easiness' as the music flows from them. Mine are still running in but even so after a few minutes listening they disappear leaving just the music.

This has happened to me before when I first listened to decent audio at a friends house, he had a pair of Lowthers and a Quad 22 amp, I believe quite sincerely folks that the FH3/CHP70 combo is up there with them.

Warmest wishes - Jim

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.