Audio Nirvana drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I tend to buy more ceramic vintage drivers them alnico because they have a better chance of performing the way they should. I like neo because there the powerful. And when it comes to tubes that matters. If alnico's have a more stable impedance that matters to me too because I mostly build SE so I would like to see evidence of that. I personally am still trying to find a local speaker guy that can remagnetize. If I could I would buy more old alnico. But I just have been disappointed to many times. Ticonal lasts better I think. A speaker with 92db I am not interested in. It has to be better then 94 to catch my interest preferable 98+ the environment demands it! More efficient speakers smaller amps.

I to have been bitten by the Audio Nirvana bug. I have built 3 pairs of 2.8 Ambience cabinets. I sold 1 pair to my brother-in-law, I listen to one pair, and my wife is asking me to sell the third pair. I really love them and think the Audio Nirvana brand is a great value.

If anyone is interested, I'm selling a pair of 2.8 Ambience speakers made of 3/4 birch. The front firing drivers are Super 10" and the top firing drivers are regular 8". The speakers have the 6" port that I'm using a port tube with to fine tune the bass. The bass is very dependent on speaker placement. The port tube helps with this. Corner placement is the best.

I'm asking $430 for the pair.

I'm located in Richmond, Va.

Allen...

Attachments

• DSC02817.JPG
    DSC02817.JPG
    823.8 KB · Views: 364
you would only use the stamped ones for bass reinforcement. I would go for the cast ones for the front.
Sorry if I sound ignorant, but I don't understand this statement. Do you mean that the cast frame drivers are better in mids and treble? My application will include woofer augmentation at about 150-200 Hz so extended bass is not important, but mids and treble quality is. My only decision now is stamped or cast for a super 8.

Sorry if I sound ignorant, but I don't understand this statement. Do you mean that the cast frame drivers are better in mids and treble? My application will include woofer augmentation at about 150-200 Hz so extended bass is not important, but mids and treble quality is. My only decision now is stamped or cast for a super 8.

cast hands down. I have both and even though they sound alike, the cast frame beats the stamped when wanting ultimate rigidity.

I to have been bitten by the Audio Nirvana bug. I have built 3 pairs of 2.8 Ambience cabinets. I sold 1 pair to my brother-in-law, I listen to one pair, and my wife is asking me to sell the third pair. I really love them and think the Audio Nirvana brand is a great value.

If anyone is interested, I'm selling a pair of 2.8 Ambience speakers made of 3/4 birch. The front firing drivers are Super 10" and the top firing drivers are regular 8". The speakers have the 6" port that I'm using a port tube with to fine tune the bass. The bass is very dependent on speaker placement. The port tube helps with this. Corner placement is the best.

Allen...

Lovely speaker. I like the dark red-ish finish. I might have to do something similar to please the missus :)

Allen...

Hi Allen,

I have a pair of fostex 206 drivers currently used in fostex recommended BR cabs.
Can you please provide me with plans for AN 2.8 cabinets?

Hi Allen,

I have a pair of fostex 206 drivers currently used in fostex recommended BR cabs.
Can you please provide me with plans for AN 2.8 cabinets?

I can. I will need to dig them up for you. Their are 2 versions of this. If you look at commonsenseaudio.com they show the 2.8 and the 2.8 MKII. Same volume but the width and depth dimension are for the most part reversed. The MKII is not as wide, but it's deeper than the regular 2.8.

My picture is of the 2.8.

Allen..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.