Fostex FE208E Sigma

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

BHD

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Why would you buy a large driver that is obviously meant for use in a back loaded horn cabinet and then try to find a small cabinet for it? Any enclosure that will make use of its strengths will be huge, especially by UK standards.

It's a great driver. I'd put it into a pair of BIBs and stick them into the corners. But that back horn in the link is very cute indeed. I think it's worth seeking out the smallest back horn. At least you will get that horn sound but without the greatest bass extension. Smaller backhorns like in the link probably go down to 70hz or so and can be supplemented by a powered sub.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    190 KB · Views: 698
Love those BIBs... also love the poster of the fish down the center of the room.

Here's a link to the BIB calculator.
BIB Calculator - Bigger Is Better Loudspeaker Design

Thank you!

Those are Fostex 208E sigmas with phase plugs and Fountek neoCD 2.0 crossed with cap at about 8000Hz They are great, but I over stuffed the boxes and need to take some out.

Those little Acoustic Zen Adagios are going up for sale soon, if anyone is interested. They sound great too, but something about the BIB is special, maybe just that I built them...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.