Suggestions forAn Enclosure for a pair of Audio Nirvana 6.5 standard drivers required

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

My first posting....so hi to evryone out there, and thanks for all the info i have read so far!.........

newly single and now with plenty of time
on my hands to try and utilise a pair of audio nirvana 6.5 standard drivers :). I have a fair set of woodworking tools and table saw...a little ability, and was wondering what my first project should be with these. i understand there are plenty of trade offs in the design choice process, but would like to maximise bass if poss....was looking at double vented horn designs like the sachiko...(obviously too big!)

any pointers would be a great place to start.

i own a winsome mouse tripath amp which i intend powering my speakers.

many thanks for reading this, and anything you have to recommend

cheers

rob

Thanks Scottmoose

have read a lot of your postings and lookrd at your Woden Design pages...the room i am looking to place them in will be a 7m by 4m regtangle with jusrt a sofa...looked at the frugal horn site and it details the hiro, which from what ive read the hiro can use the fostex 167e which seems to be an audio nirvana an6 equivalent (all be it a far superior one!) only thing is there is no plans there for the hiro...is it a scaled down version of the sachiko? ............without editing back....just found out the Hiro is a slightly narrower version of the sachiko doh!!!!

...so I like the idea of the right angles in the design, and i can get some baltic ply 18mm thick....is this design suitable then size wise?

many thanks

rob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.