NEW Nirvana Super15 Alnico FullRange Driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Take a look att the Xmax... a whopping 1mm

Next, look at the impedance plot vs what's listed as Fs.

Fs is listed as 28.5 and the graph shows 45.

This is just a guess, but it appears to me that the plots shown are in some sort of box. There appears to be baffle hump, and the roll off starts way too low for anything that approaches a standard baffle. Of course, with a Vas of almost 500L, an infinite baffle needs to be near, well, infinite! DD might want to state his test conditions.

Bob

The image on the datasheet is not good unfortunately.

You're not kidding. As per usual with Audio Nirvana, their data sheet appears to be self-contradictory. Take Vas for e.g. Assuming the electrical specs. are true, then the quoted ~493 litres is way off & something around 400 litres would be more like it (I make it 406). Or visa versa.

Yep, looks that way to me too Bob. -3dB Fhm should be around 45Hz from the stated Qe & Fs, but it's lifted into an elevated plateau at almost exactly that point.

The impedance graph looks like it agrees with the claimed Fs though to me -it's in 5Hz increments in the LF.

Last edited:

GM

Joined 2003
Fs is listed as 28.5 and the graph shows 45.

Use SlowView or similar, its impedance peak plot is near enough to 28.5 Hz for me, though of course what one gets may be somewhat different, same as with too many manufacturers unfortunately. :(

GM

Attachments

• AN 15 alnico impedance.gif
    AN 15 alnico impedance.gif
    85.6 KB · Views: 613

GM

Joined 2003
Take Vas for e.g. Assuming the electrical specs. are true..........

Well, FWIW, I ran the numbers and by altering Sd to 800 L I get near enough to spot on Mms, BL down to two decimal places using the published Fs, Vas, Qes, so for now I'm going with the effective radius being closer to 15.96 cm which seems reasonable to me considering the frame size and small VC diameter.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.