hiVi B3N 3" only $8.72 !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
TL enclosure

A few years ago I used the B3S in these small TL enclosures. Sims were quite terrible; they still sound pretty good though, provided you give them some space and put them at appropriate height. For the price you can't go wrong. Seriously. Henkjan did some more sophisticated variations on the same theme. It's a lot of fun playing around with these drivers.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/106632-hivi-b3s-mini-transmission-line.html

I bought two of them plus a Dayton DTA-1 T-Amp. I'm considering doing an Ipod station for bedside, camping trips, etc. I was thinking of a 16" by 8" base with the enclosures mounted on each end. The Dayton could be velcro'd in the middle of the base, in between the speakers. I could maybe run a dowel in between the speakers as a handle also.

The funny thing is I prepared the order on Parts Express and I was surprised with the high shipping cost. So I went to Amazon and PE was selling both items as a vendor. I saved $13 on the order going through Amazon. Anybody know how long the 8 AA batteries will last in the Dayton driving an Ipod at moderate levels?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.