GRS full range driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I received a pair of GRS full range drivers today and think they look just like the B20. I have not put them side by side and have not hooked them up yet. The foam surround seems to have more rubber in it, otherwise, it looks the part. I'm hopeful they will perform well.

Oh, and btw, the Lepai t-amp looks like crap. I ordered two and just got one. I am going to see if they will take it back. I have no desire to connect it to anything just from the look and feel. The dayton t-amps are much better looking in person than the Lapai.

Last edited:
I listened to it in a small sealed box and it works. I did not directly compare it to the B20 but my overall impression of the speaker on its own is that it sounds brighter than the B20 but maybe a little 'chalky'... if that helps. I have a few ceiling speakers i've been playing with and they tend to have this chalky sound compared to hi-fi drivers (tb, fostex for example). When i look at the driver it looks just like the B20 i don't even miss the B20 anymore. Looking at it now i think it belongs in a Voigt Pipe. It's so cheap too! Honestly, i've only listened to it once lol... but as the days go by i will post my thoughts. I always liked the look of this driver. It's like a vintage full ranger. Easily driven by my t-amp. I think it's a safe bet to purchase and play around with. Perhaps it's a tweaker's dream.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.