CHR-Ken?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The CHR-Ken (pronounced as per the sea monster), full designation dCHR-Ken70 is my miniOnken design for the CHR70

Colossal_octopus_by_Pierre_Denys_de_Montfort.jpg

The speakers on the stands are our 1v0 builds. The box is now in verion 1v1. Plans come free with a set of CHR70eN or are available for a small fee if you already have CHR70. Plans are quite detailed. Perhaps Don (aka Doorman) can post pictures of his 1v1 build

185129d1282601329-7th-annual-vancouver-island-diyfest-2010-fr-chr.jpg

dave

What's a Chr-Ken? I've seen it referred to in posts but I haven't seen the design yet.
Any description out there?

Thx,
Rob

between chrisby and daved , sometimes the nomenclature gets a little creative, if not downright silly - but the genesis of the ***ken is another story

of the speaker cabinets in above photo, the only pair that doesn't contain P10/Scott Lindgren communal DNA (sounds like a college dorm, doesn't it?) is the Parts Express curved boxes sitting on the floor

Last edited:
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
That is the back of the dMar-Ken7 protos. Essentially the same package as the CHR-Kens, but detailed for the Alpair7. Unlike the greenish CHRKens, these did not get the extra layer of material top & bottom to improve the aesthetics of the front front's aspect ratio. The revision to 1v1 is almost solely to improve the aesthetics.

185128d1282601329-7th-annual-vancouver-island-diyfest-2010-fr-a7-marken.jpg

Bud's prototype EnABL 2 Alpair7 installed.
184878d1282454682-7th-annual-vancouver-island-diyfest-2010-alpair7-bud.jpg

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Actually, looking at the picture i just posted (since they are still there facing the rack), the speakers you queried are more likely a set of milliSize boxes. Cherry clad variations for FE127, FE103, EL70, EL70eN were all present at the event. In the 1st picture you can see the fronts of an EL70eN, and FE103eN singles, and a single of port-wine stained stained mMarS with a prototype papercone CHP70 variant.

dave

Actually, looking at the picture i just posted (since they are still there facing the rack), the speakers you queried are more likely a set of milliSize boxes. Cherry clad variations for FE127, FE103, EL70, EL70eN were all present at the event. In the 1st picture you can see the fronts of an EL70eN, and FE103eN singles, and a single of port-wine stained stained mMarS with a prototype papercone CHP70 variant.

dave

yah, without tagging the photos it can get confusing even for us to keep track of all the variants

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.