Full range in a closed box?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of Tang Band 1808 full rangers currently mounted on a somewhat smallish open baffle, supplemented by the woofers from a pair of Klipsch KG 5.5s. I think they sound good, but I need more midrange and upper bass from the TBs than they can generate on the current baffle. I'm thinking of putting them in a properly sized closed box and sacrificing the dipole arrangement in favor of more mids. Any reasons I should avoid this approach? Does this speaker need a ported/horn/TL type cab for some reason?

Looks like these need a fairly large box or a port to optimize them - I calculate it to be about right in a 70 liter (2.5 cu/ft) sealed box. What box design would you go with if you were trying for the flattest response and most natural sound down to about 150 - 200 Hz without any additional electronic EQ?

Once I had move my Lowther P6M from deluxe horn cab to sealed
(about 40lit) cab and the sound was for my opp and circumstances better
faster not strong bass but much cleaner and so...
try to find appropriate volume of cab using measured TS of the driver.
Use some software to determine the dimmensions and stuffing.
Cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.