easy exponential horn speakers anyone?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All - I would like to make a air of exponential horn speakers using 4" full range drivers- similar to the Tangbad diy 4 kit. Tang Band D4-1 DIY Back Horn Speaker Kit

or similar to the the kits on this site

Tang Band D4-1 DIY Back Horn Speaker Kit

Does anyone know a web site OR have details / a template so I can make my own? The shipping costs are prohibative for both of these kits. I have drivers.

Any help / info greatfully recieved.

Chris

Horst,

You've been posting about your speaker designs on just about every forum for years.
Do you have any links to evaluations or reviews in the English language that we could read.
I know that you're very enthusiastic, but a second opinion would really be nice and very much appreciated.

Best Regards,
TerryO

Hello Terry,
look measurements, feedback, old but gold german tests,
only a few:
tubaFB
basstubaFB
schalmeiFB
saxFB
posauFB
kornett FB
fanfareFB
rdhfeedb
understanding: about what
important info are in english read please
may be use a translate programm.

Did you ask that the people who tells you about sound
before building it, no measurements, no impedanz here in the forum?
i made my horns in real and take measurements.

Ask a special question after reading my HP,
what do you want to know exactly?

Thanks HM - Kornett double horn

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification. Maybe sometime now that the weather is nice here in the northeast United States I can try these and use my 4 drivers that have been sitting on the shelf.

I think the last thing I tried with the FE-103 Fostex was a German Isophon horn design. Worked pretty well.

Like I said before, the Kornett looks like an interesting design. Thank you for it. Too many guys will model something or think something to the last degree but just need to turn on a table saw, get some plywood, and build something.

If I do decide to try them I'll send you some photos!

Regards,
Mark

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.