Bob brines ft-2000 build thread.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, Started building Bob's ft-2000 about 1 month ago, Nearly at the finishing stages of the build, Here's some pictures so far.
False baffle with driver.
P3020003.jpg

P3020004.jpg

P3020002.jpg

This is my first full range speaker build, Had a hard time choosing which to build, was between this and the half chang.
I have ordered some ft17 tweeters for the for the build, I did'nt want to be finished then think that i should of fitted tweeters!.
Have been looking a various finishes, has anyone had any experience with powder coating on MDF??

...has anyone had any experience with powder coating on MDF??

I thought powder coating involved an electrostatic charge, which attracts the powder to the surface to be coated. Then the whole thing is baked in an industrial oven to fuse/cure the powder. I've seen the process done on metals (steel, aluminum, etc.) but I don't think it works on wood.

Edit: Of course, I could be all wrong...

http://www.powdercoatmdf.com/

Next I decided to make some grills to protect the drivers from my one year old baby who will no doubt be wanting to explore the fostex cone with a pointy finger soon..
I made them up today with neo magnets sunk into the baffle and the grills, Cant remember where I saw this idea, probably on this forum..!

P3090061.jpg

P3090066.jpg

Well, before they were painted I had them set up and used them all the time for about 1 year, but they weren't together properly so they weren't air tight, so when I got round to painting them I think the drivers were broken in, And when i i put them together and they were sealed up there certinly seems to be plenty if not a surprising amount of low end.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.