Full range line array in a tube

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just reading through this old build and i would like to mininize the tube size to 6" maybe to purposely raise the F3 to 80hz or so, maybe higher since i have a nice set of powered subs. The subs are older M&K reconed, and 240watt Dayton plate amps....

My one question would be the spacing on the drivers, should they be as close to one another as possible, touching almost.

Did you ever roll off the highs to the top and bottom groups suggested by another member.....If so what coils did you end up going with, how would the coils effect the end imdedence......

Looks like my cabinet guy is now involved and we are looking at the 4" 4ohm fullrange Dayton. 16 drivers series parallel gets me back to 4ohms....
Cabinet height is 84" and the arrays height is 64" in the center of the cabinet.

Interesting how capping off the highs above and below the arrays center helps the over all sound.... Is this due to beaming at those frequencies... This is what i have read, i will conduct my own tweaking and will report back once its up and running

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.