uFonken Padding

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, would someone be so kind as to tell me how to properly pad / line my uFonkens with the padding? The plans just say line, and if I line all the sides, top , bottom and brace, the box gets really small! also, am I supposed to cover the holes in my brace?

thanks!

Hello, would someone be so kind as to tell me how to properly pad / line my uFonkens with the padding? The plans just say line, and if I line all the sides, top , bottom and brace, the box gets really small! also, am I supposed to cover the holes in my brace?

thanks!

I trust you're applying the material before assembly :p

Line all perimeter interior surfaces, including the "shelf" that forms the upper wall of port slot, but keep material from occluding the internal slot aperture. In other words, run it short on the back panel and slot shelf by at least 1/2".

I'm not sure what you're using, but now's a great time to recommend a product that Bob Reimer from CSS found :

Creative Sound - Product Details

This stuff is a dream to work with- easily cut with sewing shears, doesn't shred or shed, the bonded backing glues to cabinet panels with white wood glue. We've been using this for at least 6 months now, and it works like a charm, particularly in smaller boxes.

As for the driver brace, in a box as small as the uFonken, I'd probably not bother.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Thanx Chris.

This build is from a flat-pak and he has the blue denim cotton felt. The main issue seems to be that his pdf reader is having rouble accessing page 2 & 3 of the documentation which diagrams the damping and illustrates the specific dimensions and cut plans for the strips of cotton felt supplied.

Nukaidee is really moving on these, i mailed the flat-pak Friday and he has them half built already :)

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.