Fostex FE167E enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

I'm going to build a pair of cabinets for my new Fostex FE167E.

I dont want to build the boring 15 liters bass reflex design, I want something better.

I found two options that seems nice but I cant find more info than the PDFs.

First option: Half Chili Chang
http://homepage.mac.com/tlinespeakers/FH/download/half-Chili-map-0v91-130108.pdf

Second option: Singular
woebking.net - Singular - Baupläne

I'm not sure if the Singular was designed for FE167E. It is a big cabinet, I dont know if it's worthy the size.

What option do you think it is the best? do you have any other cabinet design? have anyone build one of this?

thankss
Jorge.-

Jorge,

There are a couple Chili Chang threads.

I thot singular was for FE206.

Don't forget the Fonken167. Well proven, and now that the driver is discontinued i'll let plans out on request.

dave
Yes, the Fonken 167's are my (latest!) cup of tea.
They have much tighter, more controlled bass than a previous pair of MLTL's using the same driver.
Another league altogether.
They're a fun build too-- (more when I can figure out how to post pics!!)
-all the above based on using eNAbled drivers/phase plugs. YMMV
Best, Don

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member

Attachments

• Doorman-Fonken167.jpg
    Doorman-Fonken167.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 439
Jorge,

Don't forget the Fonken167. Well proven, and now that the driver is discontinued i'll let plans out on request.

dave

OK, good to know that the singular is for FE206, I wasn't sure.

thanks for your replys! :)
Yes, the Fonken 167's are my (latest!) cup of tea.
They have much tighter, more controlled bass than a previous pair of MLTL's using the same driver.
Another league altogether.
They're a fun build too-- (more when I can figure out how to post pics!!)
-all the above based on using eNAbled drivers/phase plugs. YMMV
Best, Don

Do you have the plans for that cabinet? looks really nice!! I will do a search on the forum. thanks!!

OK, good to know that the singular is for FE206, I wasn't sure.

thanks for your replys! :)

Do you have the plans for that cabinet? looks really nice!! I will do a search on the forum. thanks!!
Dave (P-10) was kind enough to share the plans w/me.
They could also be configured as standmounters, as the actual required cabinet height is only approx 22".
The bass produced by these cabs is very well integrated, tight and controlled. By comparison, as mentioned, a previous of MLTL's, using the same driver, suffered from loose, ill defined bass.
There may be better cabs for this driver, but these are certainly worth considering.
Best, Don

Jorge,

dave
I didnt know that those plans where yours :eek: I will really appreciate if you send them to me, and of course will do a thread with lot of pics of the process :D

Greetings from Argentina,
Jorge.-

Dave (P-10) was kind enough to share the plans w/me.
They could also be configured as standmounters, as the actual required cabinet height is only approx 22".
The bass produced by these cabs is very well integrated, tight and controlled. By comparison, as mentioned, a previous of MLTL's, using the same driver, suffered from loose, ill defined bass.
There may be better cabs for this driver, but these are certainly worth considering.
Best, Don

I want to do floorstanders, as they will be in my living room for listening music & front speakers of my home theather.

I will use them with my Marantz SR4002. Now I'm using a pair of Yamaha NS-150 speakers, I hope a big sound improvement.

thankss

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.