Puget Sound Speaker Contest 2010!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is a double post because I've posted it over in the other speaker categories but figured I didn't want anyone to miss out. The contest is open to one and all speaker categories, horns, single driver, multi-way, electrostatic or anything else that can make noise!

I'm posting this for my buddy TerryO who has been responsible for organizing this event every other year. If you are anywhere in the Pacific Northwest and have any interest in speakers, this event is a bash. Nobody ever regrets coming and Terry does a bang-up job of running a blind listening panel to judge all the speaker designs. You don't have to worry too much about getting skunked because Terry enters a speaker every year and captures the "worst of show" award. ;-)

Anyway.... make a spot in your schedule in August and come out for a day that is an absolute blast.

"The Puget Sound! DIY Speaker Contest" is once again being sponsored by the Pacific Northwest Audio Society (PNWAS) and will be held on Saturday, August 28th. In the coming days and weeks, I'll be posting information as to location, rules and how to enter. The event is free for attendees, although there is an entry fee for contestants to help defray costs of the facility rental.

If you're interested in DIY speaker building, or just Audio, this is a great way to meet and connect with others that are of a like mind. Come for an hour, or spend all day, it's interesting and a whole lot of fun. While spectators aren't allowed in the evaluation/judging room, we usually have an similar, or nearly exact, system set up in a separate area, in order that the public can listen to the various entries.

If you're new to speaker building, this is a chance to talk to the contestants about speaker design and Audio in general. I believe that you'll be astonished by the quality of sound that these home-built speakers are capable of.

If you have been working on a speaker design that you'd like to enter, this contest may serve as an incentive to finish it up. In the past, all entries have received a printout of the frequency response of their speaker as well as being able to talk to real experts and audio professionals.

Best Regards,
TerryO

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.