Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Flat Pack company
Flat Pack company
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th February 2010, 06:45 PM   #11
chrisb is offline chrisb
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paba View Post
Hi Dave,

thanks for sharing the challenges that come with CNC groove idea, makes sense... perhaps another way is instead of grooves actual CNC slots right thru the panel and then the inside wood pieces can have tabs (smaller than the edge of the piece) that insert in these slots to hold in place. Not sure in my words convey the picture I'm trying to draw. Along the lines of a Mortise and tenon joint but "right through the panel"...

Alos thanks for the warnings on trans lam designs, but I must admit a certain appeal to them and the fact they allow for curved interiors.

I avoid MDF for everything not just audio. Hate that stuff.

/paba

no doubt about it, no matter what the fabrication method, curves cost money , and they're not necessarily what you'd want on the inside of a loudspeaker enclosure - particularly manifold designs that incorporate hard angles for reasons other than material break-out or ease of assembly

Flat Pack companyHide this!Advertise here!