Can A Current Sachiko Be Fitted with 1st Generation Fostex FE208 Sigma?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Got my Sachiko speakers up and running, and working on getting the hours on the FE206E drivers. Sound is quite nice at this point, although I need to get a few things finished up.

I received an email earlier this week from a friend who found a mint pair of Fostex FE208 Sigma drivers for me. I have heard these drivers in Terry Cains work, and I know that Terry loved them. I know that the current generation 208 Sigma has been installed in some Sachiko cabinets, but has anyone given the earlier generation driver a shot?

I know the TS specifications differ slightly from the 206E drivers, but is it enough of a difference to have an audible effect in the application? Sorry I am not experienced enough to work the math to determine the outcome. I have to admit to pursuing the Sachiko and the 206 driver selection based on the work Scott did.

Regards
Mister Pig

Well, I designed it for the 206. However, yes, the defunct FE208Sigma should work fairly well, assuming you have / can find a pair & have a suitable amplifier.

Yup a mint pair have been located. Just working on the final details to get them shipped. Actually here are the pics of them.

Regards
Mister Pig

Attachments

• P1000483.jpg
    P1000483.jpg
    370.1 KB · Views: 152
  • P1000487.jpg
    P1000487.jpg
    486.3 KB · Views: 146
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.