Yamamoto YS-500

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
you could make a similar system that is better. The Alpha 15A is only usable untill 5-600Hz, so you will have to pair it with a tweeter and horn that can go low and with a higher order crossover. Or find an other driver that has a high QTS (to be usable in OB) that goes higher. This deltalite is not really ideal for an OB.

Joined 2008
Paid Member
Yes, it is a 15 inch. Not ideal, but in my room placed near a corner, they are quite flat down to below 40 Hz. I see the problem in the design with the non-matched directivity. I bought these for half the price of the drivers and they will be most probably butchered at some point of time.

Joined 2008
Paid Member
These boxes are now sitting in the corners, not being used, which is a shame. However, a pair of ESS Heil AMTs is on its way to me...and I think that the woofers should be a quite good match. The AMTs could be placed on the top or maybe event in place of the horns with a small sub-baffle. And the DE500s can find some use elsewhere.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.