Sachiko Builld Thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My drivers were new in the box, and a adhesive-backed
closed cell foam gasket was included in the box.

Check around with car audio guys if they sell
speaker gasketing tape. Looks like this -

Amazon.com: Speaker Gasketing Tape 1/8" x 1/2" x 50 ft. Roll: Electronics

Worst case, you can probably make a gasket out of
the white closed cell foam cloth which most
electronic gadgets are packaged with (LCD monitor/TV, for ex).

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
How wide was the sticky gasket -- or was it a strip?

Here i get FE167 and FE207 with really nice special made gaskets. FE166 & FE206 come with a thin strip of weather seal (draught exclusion tape). I always substitue a wider tape of the same sort. I use neoprene (black) closed cel faom tape used by the building indutry to seal the openings of doors & windows... here mostly to keep the heat in on cold days, but equally usful keeping the heat out in places where it gets hot.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Homedepot.ca - Search - foam - Building Supplies,Indoor Living,Outdoor Living,Tools & Hardware,Value Centre,LePage,TAGO,TUNDRA,MONO,GE Silicone,Goop,Nailtite

I note that Home Despot calls it foam tape... as per mymindinsides's earlier post, maybe we should start a wiki page with the various names that are used to describe the same thing, to make it easier for people to hunt things down.

dave

went and bough the faston connectors. will use these for initial testing and then will solder the wires direct to the terminal once everything is final. is this a good plan or is it dangerous to solder direct?
also bought some felt to line the chamber, and a small sheet of closed cell foam. will have to cut out the gaskets from this...
is it essential/highly recommending to fill the void behing the angled deflector? will use kitty litter if it is..
hoping to be listening by tonight!

that was my instinct as well 'best connector is no connector'.
still, the fastons will make it easy to remove the driver to adjust damping etc..will solder once everything is final..
thinking of finishing these in black paint. we get something called duco here which is automotive paint...
also, do you think i need to put these on spikes or something similar?or direct to the floor which is marble..

Last edited:
Marble floor? Boyohboy, if that´s more affordable in India than it is in Germany I´ll just come swimming over and carry some home.

I don´t think you need spikes, they are meant for floors that would otherwise resonate. You are luckier - you can use simple felt pads. Makes it a lot easier to move the monsters about, too.:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.