Wharfedale Super 8

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone have any cabinet plans for these drivers? Or any experience of trying them in different ways.

I was given a pair in a 1.3cuft simple horn enclosure which is surprisingly good, but i don't know if the builder knew what he was doing, or just chose a random box size.

Thanks Chris.

Although i had read some of that, i didn't see the bit where he recommends horns. I don't want to commit much time to this, as the drivers are obviously old and past their best.
But there's something intriguing about the sound they make, when compared to my other full range drivers. I'd like to give them another chance.

There is a very good chance that those metal dust caps can be preserved using the tap test very carefully and, perhaps, a dual coating. One of two coats of the acrylic ever sticky glue and another of a 50% gloss, all to be applied before the patterns. Some clues in the Fostex F200 A post.

Bud

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.