Tall Curved Cabinet for TB W4-1320

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I picked up a pair of W4-1320 after a friend swooned over their 3" variant.
I am trying them in an existing cabinet that was some cheap TW box. The Tweeter is now a dead cover, and the 4" woofer opening needed little modification to house the W4-1320.
The sound is pretty impressive w/o EQ and really amazes me with little EQing.

I still think the cabinet may be a little on the small side to allow this driver to show its foll potential.

I'd like to pick up a curved cabinet like this one:

Parts-Express.com: Dayton TWC-0.25BK 0.25 ft³ 2-Way Curved Cabinet Pair Black | speaker cabinet empty speaker cabinet unloaded speaker unloaded cabinet .25 cubic foot curved enclosure

BUT, taller with smaller footprint.

Seems like all the variants they carry are taller only if they are overall larger, and the linked cabinets are already wider and deeper than those i have right now.

The smaller the foot print, the better, desk space is precious, plus the smaller the foot print, the taller they will be, which would help get them at ear level.

So i wonder if someone knows some ready to order curved cabinets that would fit the "smaller footprint and taller" description. While i go and hope google hooks me up with a link afterall.

Note: The current cabinet is W 5" x D 6.75" x H 8" on the outside with a 1/2" wall.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

I don't believe you're going to find a pre-made cabinet like that. I'd look around for some ML-TL specs for the 1320, and then you may have to build your own. If you like the curved look, you might consider building a cabinet like this: PE line array You could split PVC or sonotubes, then fit a flat baffle, which could even be a stock board width. The only tough part would be creating a top and bottom. PL premium adhesive would hold it all together and be really forgiving of mistakes. I know that advice isn't what you are looking for, but at least it is an option.

Paul
Wild Burro Audio Labs - DIY Full Range Speakers

Last edited:
Godzilla built some nice .22cuft enclosures with a 2" x 5" vent. You could use those from PE as they are close to the same displacement and add driver and vent/port. I'm gonna build some boxes about 5.5" wide x 7" deep x 20" tall. Little smaller footprint than the PE items.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.