EnABled EL70 from Dave at planet10-hifi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First of all, I would like to thank Dave at Planet10-hifi. Lately, I have been in a wee crisis. I have had to decide whether or not to scrap my build, "The Final Cut." I have aptly named the rig this because I will likely keep it until it dies or I do. I am running out of time before my move overseas, I have not been paid for the last year of work, and frankly I am just tired. My build has been the only recreation I have had in the two years since I left my fiance behind to come back to Canada to work and save for our house. I have not seen her in 23 months thanks to our incredibly prejudice Canadian foreign representitives who keep the good out and let the criminals in, no BS. It has been the love of music and my headphones that got me through these tough times. I am happy with my cans, the speakers and Firstwatt amps are so my fiance can finally hear what a piano realy sounds like. I might finally get her out to one of the great jazz clubs there and finally include her in my only vice, music.

I have decided to go SE to save cash by selling a 24V Aikido. This means that my dream headphone system is going to be scaled down to make way some speakers. Headphones are not very social, my only complaint. This means the budget had to be $500US which is what I would expect for the preamp. I know there are some people that were mocking me by trying to keep the budget for the full rangers under $340 and some Goldwood 18" for $160Can. If I had their money and my problems I would be a happy guy and with their problems, probably bored.

This is where Dave at Planet10-hifhi comes in. I contacted Dave with a message asking his opinion on a few full rangers. He must understand my poor writing well enough because I got the answer I needed promptly. I called him later to chat about what would be a big purchase to me. He offered intoductory pricing for the four matched drivers which I believe he will be offering to the public as well. Dave did not have the four EL70 EnABL drivers in stock yet, but had some that he had just installed into another of his projects and offered to remove them so I would get them before my departure. He then offered me his Goldwood 18's for the same price as CSS so that I could save on shipping. Dave stated that he would just run over and see Bob at CSS and pick up a pair for himself later. This makes me happy as I was going to buy from Bob anyway. He is reboxing them so I will feel comfortable shipping them overseas and he is doing it under budget. He then further discounted my order for no apparent reason.:cloud9:

Dave, I thank you. It is people like Dave, Nelson, Peter, et al that give me comfort leaving my friends and family behind. Maybe if I met more people like Dave in my line of work I would not be so eager to leave Canada to search for good accountable people 12000 miles away. What am I saying, sun, sea, beach, smiling faces, nice guys win and a woman that loves me... I can't wait! I hope I get paid soon.:(

Sincerely,
khundude

ps. I will do some quick OB to tinker while I wait for the plane and post my results here. After that, my contact will be limited as I will not have the net.

. Or Edmonton?

Too bad I couldn't make it out this year. Methinks I missed out on a lot :(

Seems like a plethora (or plethori ?) of speakers and other interesting tidbits.

khundude :that's pretty much dave n' company's way ...

Stew: don't "enable" ;) Dave by correcting spelling in quoting his replies

"plethora":

1: a bodily condition characterized by excess of blood and marked by turgescence and a florid complexion

2: Excess, superfluity; also profusion, abundance

Depending on the circumstances, the first might not necessarily be considered a bad thing (unless it lasts longer than 4 hours)

The second I think already predicates the plural, and certainly describes the quantity of gear, food, beverages, comraderie and general BS enjoyed by attendees to these shindigs - even absent some of the ole favorites. Imagine how sedate it must have been without the Three Musketeers (Cal, Stew and Moray).

Chris...my prefferred definition:

from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary (online):

plethora , noun;
/ˈpleθ.ər.ə/US pronunciation symbol/-ɚ.ə/ n slightly formal
a very large amount of something, especially a larger amount than you need, want or can deal with
There's a plethora of books about the royal family.
The plethora of regulations is both contradictory and confusing.

If up to me, no more missing Musketeers.

Er... I simply can't not correct things, sorry. A personal flaw (or attribute?) :headbash:
That one usually gets me in a little trouble from time to time

from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary (online):

If up to me, no more missing Musketeers.

Er... I simply can't not correct things, sorry. A personal flaw (or attribute?) :headbash:
That one usually gets me in a little trouble from time to time

unfortunately, Dave's self correction to "Thailand" spoils the jibe

We will try harder to overcome the obstacles and attend next year. I am still missing the hangover I didn't have. :drink:

Cal, I imagine that in the 3 weeks since, you've managed to catch up;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.