audio nirvana super 8 cast frame in lowther 2.8 cabinet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi all, im a newbie,
and i have a problem with my cabinets: in my opinion it sounds nice but its poor in bass emission, i have a tube el34e amp, i tried to change positions , type of insulation but ...
i placed the insulation only in the superior half of cabinet, its the right mode?
thanks for info.

GM

Joined 2003
Greets!

If your driver's specs are as far off as some other AN products as listed in this thread, then the cabs are much too small for good bass reproduction and your high output impedance amp (compared to a solid state's typically milli-ohm impedance) just aggravates the situation since it makes it somewhat acoustically smaller due to increasing the driver's effective Qts.

If by 'superior', you mean the upper half of the cab from the top down to somewhere below the driver and above the vent, then you did it correctly, i.e. there normally shouldn't be any damping down around/below the vent unless vent damping itself is required to eliminate any audible 'one note' bass peaking around/at the cab's box tuning (Fb).

GM

hello scbf81,

what type of bass are you looking for and what type of music do you listen to? How is your room?

I have experimented with the 8" in the AN 2.8 box for much time now (almost 5 years) and have tuned it pretty well.

In mine there is bass with all types of amplification, EL84 PP, EL84 SE, 300B SE, Chipamp... no problem but the recommended 2.8 enclosure is not ideal in my circumstance.

Cheers,
MV

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.