Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LSAF is TOMORROW!
LSAF is TOMORROW!
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th June 2009, 04:10 PM   #1
Bob Brines is offline Bob Brines  United States
diyAudio Member

Default LSAF is TOMORROW!

Lone Star Audio Fest

Well, at least some of us will be set up tomorrow afternoon. The main show is Saturday. Anyone that can get to Dallas aught to try to get to the show.

LSAF is mainly DIY, so come see what others are doing. There will be a few vendor like me also.

FYI I will be bringing my small MLTL's with fully EnABLed FE167s, my large MLTL's loaded with Lowther DX3's and a pair of 207/FT17H BR's. See you there.

Bob
Old 18th June 2009, 08:11 PM   #2
planet10 is offline planet10  Canada
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

LSAF is TOMORROW!
Have a good event Bob.

Hopefully a lot of members will get out for some F-F.

dave
Old 19th June 2009, 12:52 AM   #3
rjbond3rd is offline rjbond3rd
diyAudio Member

Hi Bob, I'm sorry I will miss LSAF this year but can you post your impressions of your EnABLe'd FE167E drivers?
Old 19th June 2009, 08:51 PM   #4
steviedon is offline steviedon  United States
diyAudio Member

My bro an I will be there noonish on Sat.
Old 19th June 2009, 09:53 PM   #5
mightym is offline mightym  United States
diyAudio Member

I'm going to make the trip in the AM, plan to spend the day and catch Wayne Parham's XO lecture.

John
Old 21st June 2009, 05:55 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default '09 Lsaf

I went, I saw, I listened, I met, I had a ball.

Drove 207 Mi., got stopped in N Tx doing 13 over, and got a WARNING! Holy Cr#p this is going to be a good day.

It got better...

This is the first Audio show I've attended in many years. It was small enough that you could really get to chat with the vendors, and listen to their wares. Mr. Brines room was convenient to the elevators, well set-up and he was prepared to demo his wares. The 167 Enabled MLTL's were as advertised, very smooth, nicely listenable single driver speakers, the BR with the 207 and the FT17's were very nice too, a little warmer sound but well detailed without being tiring. Pi speakers Wayne Parham had his 4 Pi's with a pair of subs that sounded very very nice, they displayed extreme manners without loss of detail at low volume levels, and when they were called upon to rock, they did just that without fuss, muss, or distortion. His lecture on XO design was enlightening, and spirited discussion with him furthered the enjoyment at the cost of doubling the length of time, he had to quit eventually so Smith and Larsen could have the room.

Other highlights for me were hearing the Hawthorne OB's ( my 1st experience with OB's ) The combo of Silver Iris, and auggie were tight, well integrated, detailed, and at first I thought a little bass shy, but with further listening the bass was there, just not in your face. Brad apologized for a lack of mid bass slam, but I didn't notice it. I liked them. The Line Arrays set up in Smith and Larsens listening room were also a first for me, one I enjoyed very much. These weren't a commercial product per se, but his own speakers If I understood correctly. We had an interesting and educational discussion on LA design. The Electrostatics in the Crescendo room were some of the best I've heard, but at 7' tall and 4' wide they would never make it past the WAF test. Too bad, as they were very balanced and detailed without being brittle or fatiguing. It amazed me that they were so balanced with only a small self powered Velodyne sub for assistance in the bottom 1.5 octave.

I'm already looking forward to next year, and buzzing with renewed determination to move my projects along.

John
Old 21st June 2009, 06:14 PM   #7
Pano is online now Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

LSAF is TOMORROW!
Did anyone get over to John Busch's room? He had a couple of my amps as well as some fun and cheap speakers of his own design.

Sorry I was not able to go.
Old 21st June 2009, 06:38 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Pano , I tried 2x to get in there. He was gone and locked up but it was late in the day around 6P. too bad, I wanted to hear his Altec 604 based OB's too....

John
Old 21st June 2009, 07:26 PM   #9
serenechaos is offline serenechaos  United States
diyAudio Member

Was CAR (Classic Audio Reroductions, or something like that) exhibiting?
Old 21st June 2009, 07:42 PM   #10
rjbond3rd is offline rjbond3rd
diyAudio Member

Hi Robert, it looks like they were there: http://www.lonestaraudiofest.com/exhibitors.html

LSAF is TOMORROW!Hide this!Advertise here!