Alpair 12 - also out of the bag

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
And for those who've asked me about the new big driver, here's the Alpair 12 pre-production information.

Will do a proper post in Vendors later next month.

Full big Full range driver, single cone/cap design

New Custom frame - 202-mm diameter
New machine made (not spun) 126-mm cone
New U cap - same bonding process as 7
New connectors - same design as 7

Alpair 12 - 1 mag. LMS-00401/06/09
Revc= 7.000 Ohm
Fo= 37.566 Hz
Sd= 14.314K mm
Vas= 28.852 Ltr
Cms= 991.665u M/N
Mmd= 15.332 g
Mms= 16.317 g
BL= 9.227 T.M
Qms= 1.311
Qes= 0.333
Qts= 0.266
Levc= 49.569u H
No= 0.518 %
SPLo= 89.163 dB
Xmax = 12mm 1 way
Rated at 50 watt cont.

Cheers,

Mark.

Attachments

• alpair_12_fr_imp1a.jpg
    alpair_12_fr_imp1a.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 1,351
no no no no Mark, we are missing the whole thing here...

what i need is a field coil 100db sensitivity driver! what should i do with this one?

i'm so a newbie i feel like a i can pretend things like kids... btw i'm waiting for the chr-70 and the alpairs 10 to be delivered.... and also for those plans by Scottmoose to be revealed :)

here in italy your official reseller is selling the chr-70 at an unreasonable price, now in temporary reabate but also unreasonable. i think you should take some kind of policy about this things. by the way i ordered abroad.

Hi there,
here in italy your official reseller is selling the chr-70 at an unreasonable price, now in temporary reabate but also unreasonable. i think you should take some kind of policy about this things. by the way i ordered abroad.
I'm completely agree... Another example is relative to the binding posts. The price from Mark Audio site is 19 USD (at today about 13,70 Euro) for 4 pieces (with 2 connecting plates for bi-wiring), the price from the italian reseller is 8 Euro for 1 piece, so for 4 pieces the total amount is 32 Euro! And, I think, without the 2 connecting plates...
Really sorry for the OT, excuse me...
Bye,
Christian

Hi Guys,
Re the prices from Audio-Selection in Italy, I have asked Valerio to clarify if his pricing is for a single or a pair of drivers. Alpair 5, 6 and CHR-70 are packed in pairs, Alpair 10 are singles. I've also asked Valerio to read your comments.

If Valerio's pricing proves to be far above the other dealers in Europe for no good reason, I'll give Markaudio's blessing to any customer who wishes to buy our drivers from the other dealers in the region. Our site has the full list of European dealers.

We don't have any direct control over the prices charged by dealers but we do lean on them to offer competitive pricing.

Cautionary notes on prices. Do check the situation on duty, VAT or GST taxes in your country. Rates can vary inside parts of the Euro-zone.
The prices shown on our site serve Hong Kong and parts of Asia. Parts of this region free-trade zones (no VAT, Duty, or low rate tax etc.) Anyone importing our drivers from these areas will have to pay duty and tax once the drivers arrive in the destination country. Often, the total cost is more than buying from local dealers.

Hope this helps,

Mark.

Hi Guys,

I'm still receiving emails and enquiries for more Alpair 12 information and to say more about the driver on this thread.

Sorry I can't do this. I'm struggling for time and we want to respect the forum rules. So I'll talk about the Alpair 12 in greater detail in a new thread in Vendors later next month.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Mark.

Hi Mark, just a few comments i would like to make...

>>> We don't have any direct control over the prices charged by dealers but we do lean on them to offer competitive pricing.

I've sold computer software online for nearly 15 years and faced many challenges competing with companies willing to give it away for $1 over cost. Manufacturers claimed they had no control over pricing and that resellers should make their profit on services provided. Over the years manufacturers have gotten smarter and require a MAP or Minimum Advertised Price online. This evens out the playing field and allows companies to still make a profit as well as build a business based on service. I would recommend setting MAPs for your dealers.

Also, the drivers you produce look excellent!

And finally, has Dennis built his biceps yet? I wonder how long it will take him to go from the 4" drivers to the 12"?

Godzilla

Hi Henry,
Good to hear from you. How are you doing? I'd like to build an Alp12 bass unit, maybe next year.

Hi Godzilla,
Agreed, MA pricing is generally good policy, but its difficult to do as import and taxation varies. I'm looking to increase the number of dealers, competitive pricing and good service will benefit buyers. Any additional suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks for your comments on my speakers. Yep, Dennis can keep his arms fit, the Alp12's weigh in at 2.3Kg each

Cheers

Mark.
:)

Any idea what Canadian retail on these are going to be?

I'm in the process of finding my next project and was thinking the Tangband 1772 or this driver may be an option depending on price. The 12mm Xmax makes this appealing as a driver that can produce relatively realistic bottom end, though the 89dB sens compared to the W8-1772's 95dB seems to add to my selection choice dilema. Different beasts I understand....

So what are these looking to sell for Mark?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.