Alpair 7 - out of the bag

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys,
Since Mark L has "let the cat our of the bag", I've been receiving much email traffic. I'm not able to cope with the various questions and make these drivers at the same time. So here's some basic information from the pre-production units.

I will make a proper post in Vendors later next month once done making these drivers.

Alpair 7 - Extended Full Range unit operating to 30-kHz @+80dB.
New frame - Dia = 130-mm
New cone - all machine formed (not spun)
New U cap - dual bond direct on to a pre-formed edge at top of v coil.
New connector system - separate moulded units interlocked into the frame, colour coded.

T/S - Pre-Prod batch 003 - LMS-4114-06/09
ALPAIR7 - 2 mag. with cover
Revc= 3.600 Ohm
Fo= 65.835 Hz
Sd= 5.027K mm
Vas= 5.148 Ltr
Cms= 1.435m M/N
Mmd= 3.868 g
Mms= 4.073 g
BL= 2.819 T.M
Qms= 1.944
Qes= 0.763
Qts= 0.548
Levc= 19.445u H
No= 0.186 %
SPLo= 84.715 dB
Xmax = 4.5mm (1 way)
Rated at 20 watts cont.

That's it for now. Please email me only if urgent.
Cheers,
Mark.

Attachments

• alp7_fr_imp_1a.jpg
    alp7_fr_imp_1a.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,079
Mark,

You may want to clearly state on the FR/Z sweeps that they are the preproduction units, in case something changes. You don't want that data to be touted as representative if it turns out to not be.

It looks like an interesting driver. Good luck with finishing the transition to production.

John

Hi Guys,

Re Italy pricing - here's Valerio's comments:

Hi Mark,
2 CHR drivers for 84 euros (Audio selection site)
On Markaudio Website, they are 69.99 US $. So 52 euros plus VAT 20% plus import tax 5% plus transport (i think 20 euros from Hong Kong to Italy) so circa 85 euros.
In Germany buyers pay 70 euros so transport from Germany to Italy will cost more. Netherlands price is 75 euros, plus transport to Italy, cost will be more.
Regards
Valerio

Valerio's pricing for CHR-70 is sort of about right. Business costs in Italy can be on the high side for Europe.
But, I have asked Valerio to take another look at his prices. It's in his interests to be regionally price competitive.

Cheers,

Mark.

Hi Guys,

I'm still receiving emails and enquiries for more Alpair 7 information and to say more about the driver on this thread.

Sorry I can't do this. I'm struggling for time and we want to respect the forum rules. So I'll talk about the Alpair 7 in greater detail in a new thread in Vendors later next month.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Mark.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.