Alpair 6 Bass Reflex Bookshelf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is the Gen2 with the same BR box from EUVL.
I just solder the wires and assembled it.
No filter nor BSC installed yet.

Attachments

• Alpair6 Gen2 BR-1.jpg
    Alpair6 Gen2 BR-1.jpg
    837.3 KB · Views: 519
Someone asked me by PM today whether he can get a pair of enclosures from us.
We have built over 20 of these, but only for team members, friends and families.
Just wood alone costs almost 100 Euros, then hours and hours of milling, gluing, sanding and spray painting.
It is just too much work to do them commercially, and especially as small batches of a few.

There are two ways we could try to hep :

1) If you are good in wood work, you can get a template from us, at cost, and build your own.
2) We have a contact in Asia that is willing to make them to order.

The last time we asked, which was a year or so ago, they wanted something like 400€ without shipment.
We found that a bit expensive, so we did not try them out.
But we get try to order a pair for you, or give you the contact.

Sorry that we cannot be of more help,
Patrick

Murio,
I have both AP6 Gen 1 and G2. I only listened P7 at Tony's place and also at Mark Fanlon's office. I like all of them. I choose AP6 because my room is small, typical in Hong Kong. Do nyou mean your room is 13 sq M?
AP7 has better HF. Sound level is OK for both AP6 and AP7 for 13sq M room.
I don't want to comment too much on AP7. For my AP6s, I like the AP6 metal cone sphere IKEA salad bowl together with a sub-woofer. If you like a little bit soft music, you may like the AP6 paper cone.
Mark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.