fe206 in fe208 enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, completely new to the forum so please have mercy on me.

I've been researching on a DIY speaker for my room. It is 13 X 11 and was wondering if the fe208 enclosure with the fe206 drivers would be suitable. I mainly listen to rock and acoustic music.

As for wood work I have no experience at all, but my friend who has a full wood shop in his basement is willing to lend a hand.

I was also considering the Austin 166, but I'm not sure if the extra effort is worth it, let alone my small room size.

any advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks

ed

Another advert. :rolleyes: :sleep: That's two in as many days. Could you please give it a rest? Your last was moved to the commercial forum, but you seem incapable of taking the hint.

Back on-topic, in a room of that relatively modest size, I'd be careful going to a cab of the 208's proportions. It will completely dominate the space from a physical POV (I have a similar sized space myself), and sonically, it's likely to overpower it. OTOH, it does give a lot of tuning flexibility, and there are various ways to dial things in -as an ROT, you're better off with a big, high-gain box than a little 'un, as it gives you more options. You'd likely find the A166 easier to tune, and it's inherently a more advanced design, but it won't have quite the pressure-wave effect of the bigger cab. There are lots of enclosures around though so if I were you, I'd shortlist a few more before making any firm decisions.

Hello!!

a Forum deletes a post with out telling the poster?

What a forum?
i can only speak about my hobby and my constructions,
so i will repeat:
For such a small room i would prefer little sat horns and an active sub, in oposition to other comercial posters here, for me it is not allowed to show pics or links so please if you want to know
a different solution take a look on my website.

Moderator before you delete or move please tell the causes in this threat, so everyone can see the manipulation, thanks

I thought I best repeat my response to Horst's foolish post from the other thread here too, as he seems to have mirrored it.

I seem to remember Horst that you've been told by the moderators before now: the first time a person posts something that breaks forum rules, they will recieve the courtesy of a message informing them of such. If they continue to break the same rule, in the same fashion, posts are liable to be removed without warning. Simple as that. You appear to have forgotten this. If you cannot follow the rules, it's hardly the fault of everyone else now is it? I note with interest that you've added an idiotic little line to your signiture. Tragic. The image of a baby throwing its toys out of the pram comes to mind. If you don't like the forum guidelines here, why post at all? Nobody forces you to you know. You clearly have some good ideas, & could contribute much, if you'd stop the self-promotion & attacks on other people.

So, let us try to explain again: the overwhelming majority of your posts are used to promote your own speaker designs. There is nothing wrong with promoting your own boxes per se, although some might say it's a bit vainglorious and self-satisfied, particularly when you regularly insult alternatives at the same time. However (and this is the nub, or crux of the matter) you then tell people to go to your website, where they will find the speakers you refer to. However, the plans are often incomplete, as many people have noticed, and on the same page, you are selling 'parts lists' for the same speakers. This is commercial activity. If you wish to post links to the speakers, AFAIK, that would be fine but you must remove anything for sale from the page first. Is that really so difficult to understand?

You will note that there are many people who post here who have commercial interests, but they do their very best not to speak of their own products, unless specifically asked something about them. Look at Bob Brines for example -if you didn't click on his www link, reading his posts, you'd probably never know he sold speakers. He doesn't talk about them here, just offers guidance, opinions & help.

Hello,

i can speak only about my proofed experience, that i know,
if you will speak about no knowledge like you do, is good to know for the reader, we pointed is out several times.

Look my plans and read around you will not need a part list.

I found a lot of comercial posts and show it the moderator but
he deletes only me, whow.

I will share my experience, i post a few times the easy math to built a horn by yourself, so take every "advert" as an given idea.

I can´t help it that you have no measurements and Imps or builded pics of your (not known) promoted speaker like ......

P.S.
If i would sell speaker or modifications i would accept
your opinion, but therefore i change my website 2007 to show the plans, enough to built it.
From that point, i sell ony 30 % of part lists, if i would sell only
one driver a year a PM2A for example i make more money than
selling plans for two years, look the dimensions,
i am privat DIY no
commercial.

Sad, really.

For the brief period this will be here until the junk is consigned to Texas, Horst has clearly missed the point, which is that he offers something for sale on the pages he refers to. :rolleyes: For myself, I do my best not to mention my own designs unless asked about them, so what 'promoted' speakers Horst is refering to remain shrouded in mystery. :ghost:

Is Austin a166 bass going to be lacking in impact? I' dont need the impact to be able to bring down the house, but still sufficent in a way that I can still feel it.

I was wondering if the Spawn Mikasa would help this, but it's kinda on the big side of things.

thanks

ed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.