frame double horn for two 8"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I love how all of your horns are folded- clever and elegant. It's good to see a design for eight inch drivers. Do you have a particular model of speaker in mind for these? What are the overall rough dimensions?

You take some heat sometimes for always offering your designs as solututions to a poster's questions. I understand why some of the regulars on this board may get a little impatient with someone tooting thier own horn, and your designs, at the very least, look intriguing, but I never see any feedback from anyone else on your cabinets' performance. I find myself suddenly with a lot of time on my hands, so I can take on a project or two. I've got a few different 3" and 4" drivers laying around, including the Pioneer A11, five different Tang Bands, and a few other random guys. Got a suggestion for one of your cabinets? I'm interested in making a comparison with the few different horns and BVRs I have now- Buschorn, Z-Horn, Olivia, Gabriel- I love to mix and match and contrast and compare. I would be interested in adding one of your models...

Hello,
I was in Hamburg for business and decided to meet Horst for a listening.

Very nice and valid. They sounded good driven with common amplification and nothing special. They produce good bass for their size. It was deep and controlled and there was no reasonance whatsoever.

I bought the designs for the saxophone but I think I`ll eventually build these.

Thanks again Horst!
Tschuss!

rdh20 or lowther academy or other double horn

hello,

I'm also very interested by the designs of Horst and I'm always glad to have a feedback about them.

Do you have comparison with other double horn like lowther academy ?

I have currently a lowther mauhorn iv with ex3. very nice but I d like to have a wider sweet spot and I'm looking for some king of "panoramic" sound like in the lowther academy.

In this respect, the RDH 20 looks like a very nice design (at least on paper).

regards

Rdh20

Hello,

thanks Andrew,
and Matthew for the visit and feedback.

i complet the RDH20 side, have a look.

The academy is no double horn and has
less bass and a 10 kHz peak.

Attachments

• rdhb200web.jpg
    rdhb200web.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 1,016
planet 10,

iVO wrote,
parts:

Some things to note about this design: There is a forward-firing and rear-firing driver. Depending on choices of the builder, the rear driver can be a woofer or a second fullrange driver.--- The two drivers drive two different horns, of different length and expansion.
The idea is that the horns have different peaks and dips and fill in each other's weak points. ---- The inside of the horn is largely made of soft fiberboard, to reduce enclosure sound. The inner horn rests on the outer section via a panel of soft fiberboard, which decouples it. Also notice how the horn mouth is wrapped around the entire enclosure. It is relatively large, yet the enclosure the driver sees is relatively small. Finally, I think it is a beatifully proportioned horn, which draws much less attention to itself than some of Horst's
other designs.

I believe Horst is only using the indirect / bipole driver to a fairly low frequency (< 1KHz), so it should have less of an impact than if it were being run over a broader BW. How much of an impact upon outright sound quality this will have is open to question -the only way you could really determine the audibility or otherwise would be to blind test. There are some reasonable cheap units out there, though, particularly if you're not asking them to go very high, so I doubt it would be a major issue providing you select carefully.

darkheart

Hello,
compair my measurement of the RDH20
with the measurement of the speaker of the year 2012
measurement circumstances nearly the same
rdhmess
Voxativ Ampeggio loudspeaker Measurements | Stereophile.com

than imagine that you listen the back invers driver of the BIPOL system
only indirect by room reflexion, you know
Precedence effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, and
look the bass impedanz below 50 Hz 4 Ohm but bass down 30 Hz
what does that mean for sound, amp, needed watt and tube amps.

OK

Hello,
i pay for measurement, may be next time i will buy it.

look what happens to membran movement by deleting the impedanz,

Membran movement
interlacing:

My haptic verifications
show a rather linear
membrane movement,
similar to a normal
distribution curve.
Which means a reduction
of "pressure changes",
and hence less mechanical
membrane stress and
maximized sound and SPL

What does that means for distortionß
if you read the feedbacks of all double horns
they tell the same.

believe is no knowledge.
up to 1kHz, invers montage, the BG20 is ok,
today i prefer the Monacor SPH-210 or similar,
might be no notch filter is needed.

Try a free test with the Mini-posaune,
make measurements by yourself,
it is a hobby no profession.
in german but understandable
Hörner
pic from Kornett 3 cm wider

Attachments

• kornettfront2kl.da.jpg
    kornettfront2kl.da.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 367
Thanks, hm. Maybe I will try it with 3 inch bamboo widerange. :)
That Monacor driver has a very nice specs. Could you share your own impressions about it? I am looking for some 8inch drivers for midbass and lower midrange duties with fast transient response ans clean midbass. This looks very good.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.