Half Chang or Suzy Chang with Subwoofer?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am trying to decide between a Half Chang with Pioneer B20 or Suzy Chang with Pioneer A11 with a subwoofer. The subwoofer would either be two 8" Dayton subwoofers or one 12" dayton subwoofer in a shadow cabinet. This will mainly be used for 5.1 home theater and music. Would it be better to spend more money and build the half chang with a shadow subwoofer? Thanks again!

while i'm no expert, i do have a pair of half-changs with the B20's and a cheap tweeter from PE... i would have to say that you get alot of bang for your buck with this combo..... i can't imagine myself needing anything else... I don't use them for HT, so i don't know if they would cover what you're looking for in that regard, but for music, they have all the bass that i need...I highly recommend

I would say either one would give you plenty for HT. If you are doing music, the B20 and the half chang would probably be my preference. I haven't heard either, so that is really only a "somewhat" educated guess.
I would definitely go with the single 12" dayton sub though. Don't know what the enclosure is going to be like, but the lower the tuning the better. My 15s are tuned around 22hz and they blend really well with my 8" full rangers for HT. For music I can use the sub or not. Most times it gets turned all the way down.

Good luck! Pics plz!

Robert

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.