Peak co-axials

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was wondering if there is a magical place where I can learn about Peak drivers. I picked up 4 of these co-axials (OK, not strictly fullrange) from the 'bay recently and there seems to be a decided lack of history on the Web about drivers or speakers from this maker. The baskets look the same as a lot of Japanese drivers from this era (I'm assuming 70's-80's).

Front:
b05a_3.JPG

Back:
abef_3.JPG

I'll play with them anyway, but I'd like to know who Peak were and where they went...

Thanks as usual, Dave.

I'll have to try at home - work doesn't let me in to those sites...

I haven't received them yet, so I'm not sure whether they need a crossover or not. From the pictures, it looks like they only have the one pair of inputs. If this is so, then tweeter must roll-off using the induction of the woofer's voice-coil - does that sound right? Or would the tweeter crossover be internal?

Maybe it will be obvious when I look at them.

As mentioned they are re-branded Coral's.

The 8" version has a 2MF cap on the tweeter and that's it.

Never seen the 6", but the 8" is approx. 96dB-97dB @ 1 watt/1 meter and I'd guess the QTS to be @ .4 (or a bit less).

The paper surrounds will not take a lot of movement, so avoid high SPL's and/or boosting the lows/mids with EQ.

I like mine.

You are welcome.

My moniker is based upon my first/last intitials, which has also been a nickname (pronounced DeKay for "DK) much of my life by various people.

Seemed like a good choice @ the time (latest 1900's:) when I was registering @ few WWW forums.

I'm DeKay @AA & A'Gon as well.

DeKay said:
You are welcome.
I'm DeKay @AA & A'Gon as well.
Same, CE on various other sites (AK, MAC, Stereonet, Head-fi, Single Driver, ESP) just to be consistant. I'll be interested to see how they sound. I figure a couple of pairs of 'computer speakers' in sealed boxes (plus a 'subby' if necessary). would be what I'm looking for. If they're better than that, then... we'll see.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.