Alpair 10 wide bass driver and Alpair 10 Fullrange

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Alpair 10 Bass Wide Parameters (Gun Metal Grey)
for reference only
Imp-nominal 6Ohm
Revc 5.4Ohm
Fo 35.0Hz
Sd 8.99mM/N
Vas 21.0Ltr
Cms 1.84mM/N
Mmd 10.73mKg
Mms 11.22g
BL 6.25T.M
Qms 2.37
Qes 0.35
Qts 0.30
Levc 288.727uH
No 0.25%
SPLo 86.2d
Xmax(1way) 9mm
Power 35watts cont.70watts max

Markaudio Worked With EJ Jordan!

I was checking out the website for these Alpair drivers from Hing Kong and I noticed this...

==============================================
In 2003 E.J. Jordan and Markaudio started a collaboration on the development of a new 2" driver. The new driver was known as the JXr 6HD. Markaudio was responsible for the research, design and manufacture of all the components excluding from the cone and cap. Markaudio also carried out the assembly of the first two batches of HD production. The cone and cap came from a previous driver known as the Jordan JX53. These cones were developed and manufactured for E.J. Jordan by Roy Rodriguez, a well respected UK based cone maker.
==============================================

So it would appear some of us already have some exposure to drivers this company as had a hand in developing! Not to mention there's a present similarity in appearance between the 50mm Alpair driver and the Jordan 50mm drivers as well. So considering the cost of the Alpair drivers perhaps they really are a good deal?

Thetubeguy1954

Hi,

Mark Fenlon and I met when we were both selling Jordan drivers and I've known Mark for these past years and have kept up with the changing times and relationships. One of my original connections was with the very modern looking black acyrlic cabinets Mark used to sell and I still have a pair.

Alpair drivers aren't Jordans. There has been no collaboration between Jordan and Markaudio since Ted Jordan retired and sold out to EAD in Sweden in 2006. Ted and Mark worked together only on 1 driver, the replacement for the JX53 known as the JXr 6HD. Jordan's new owners, EAD kept the JXr 6HD while Markaudio retained their own design (for a short time the J6T) which became the Alpair 5. This is the limit of the relationship of Jordan and Markaudio drivers.

The new range of drivers from Markaudio is totally different from Jordan. The basket technology, cone design, cone profile, materials, motors, suspensions, none of these relate to Jordan. The parameters speak for themselves. The Alpair 10 full range is quite different from the JX92. The Alpair 6 driver uses a conventional suspension and is a physically larger than the JXr 6HD.

Mark has worked entirely on his own, in designing and producing these new drivers. His long engineering background and production knowledge has been employed to make this new range of drivers. He spends most of his time at his design station, testing samples in a large anechoic chamber, then at the factories in Asia supervising the component making and final assembly. Mark also has a number of OEM customers who use other drivers not sold to others.

The only thing the drivers have in common is they use metal alloys for the cones. Metal cones are not unique to either Jordan or Markaudio. From old models from Victor of Japan (they made a series of metal full range in the 1980's) to JBL, Panasonic and more, have or are using metal alloy cones.

Markaudio is a design and manufacturing company in its own right. Their products are genuinely new to the market bringing more choice in full range drivers.

It is a joy for me to be Mark's friend and represent his products in North America. Those attending this year's RMAF will be abe to see and hear the products first hand.

Bob

inertial said:
Hi,

Seems to me a strange frequency response for the 10.
What's that bad "peak" at 350 Hz? :confused:

Paolo

That peak to me looks like an effective baffle step built into the driver for a normal width cabinet (8-10 inches)

It would work well in a narrow profile BVR where the BVR generates output from 150-200hz down - no suprabaffle needed

Sean

This is the letter i received from Mark

Hi Henry,
I'm glad you made the post on the DIY forum. We need as much help as possible to spread the news about our drivers.

Sadly, all my hard work keeps being related back to Jordan. I only worked with Ted Jordan on one driver, the replacement for Jordan JX53, known as the JXr 6HD. This collaboration stopped 3 years back. Since this time I've worked entirely on my own. So the new drivers are my own ideas on full range.

There's lots of info and comment about the Alpair 5 in Japan. They are buying most of the Alpairs.

Type "Alpair5" in your web browser. Google has a reasonable language translator.

Feel free to put this info on the thread, I'm sure it will help.

Cheers,

Mark.

i hope will cleared out some things :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.