W3-871 replacement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I will very soon build a pair or TABAQ or Cyburgs Needles for a friend of mine who just happen to listen to them with a small SI T-amp. He had never heard a full range speaker :)

My problem is that I can't find any W3-871S anywhere, is there a good replacement for that one...too bad I did not stock more of these:(

Seems that there are lots of TB at partsexpess but I have never heard about them, any experience with what is currently available would be appreciated.

Also, is there any good 3 or 4 inches FR available in Canada besides the ones from Solen.

TIA,
Eric

http://www.zillaaudio.com/tb-1320-bamboo.htm

I wonder if the 3" TB Bamboo would be a good replacement for the 871? The 4" bamboo is a very good driver and can be driven well by the Sonic Impact amp. I have listened to the 315 and 319 and think they sound good too (the 319 sounds better to me with less zing on top) but they are not very detailed and need help on top and bottom. All of the little TBs i have heard sound similar IMO.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.