DIY Line Array for Pa system - Driver Selection

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have this idea of building a couple Line Arrays from smallish drivers to use for our band. I have little experience with DIY speakers, but I love a new adventure.

I guess you could say I am building these to copy (very loosely) the idea behind the Bose L1 system.

I was wandering if anyone saw any problem/issues with these drivers for such an application?

4" closeout parts express

I want to build two towers with 10 drivers in each.

What do you think?

Oh yeah, these would most likely only be used for the vocals and acoustic guitar and the keyboard.

i recently rebuilt an old pair of Traynor columns using studio pro wh8 drivers.
i was reluctant at first because they seemed to be a budget (cheap) speaker but they where the only reasonably priced driver that would fit without modifying the mounts and budget.
needless to say i am quite happy with how they sound and time will tell how durable they are.
being an 8 inch driver they might be larger then you would like for your intended project but at approximately 12 bucks a pop they might be in the running.
if size matters you may want to look at Visaton fr10 or fr13 for your column array.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.