December BIB tweaks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mass loading:

Attachments

• img_3842.jpg
    img_3842.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 386
I'm thinking of patenting this next tweak and selling them for a few hundred bucks each. It's a soundstage diffuser/realigner that is specially calibrated to correct the errors in fullrange drivers' off-axis response to create better imaging and a bigger soundstage.

I just couldn't help myself. This is the first actual snow we've had prior to Christmas since moving up to the cold and snowy north.

pj

Attachments

• img_3841.jpg
    img_3841.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 353
:D

I promise, they shall be used properly. :) It'd be a crime not to, right?

They were actually Dan's, but he was informed they were too large, so I thought the only decent thing to do would be to buy them from him, and let them come to my humble abode. :) We decided posting them from California to the UK right before Christmas would not go down as one of our brightest ideas though, so he's keeping them warm for me until things calm down, probably about mid-January when the sales tail off a bit.

You're shipping the actual enclosures from California to the UK? That is quite an undertaking. Those must be some good looking boxes. A few months ago I was set on buying a Lenco turntable. I looked at having a one shipped from the UK, as they seem more plentiful and about half as expensive as they are here. In every case the shipping met or exceeded the price of the table. I ultimately decided it was not worth the effort/$$ and went another direction.

pj

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.