e-mail notifications not arriving every time

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm a newbie user on this forum, with only two threads, but I have been suffering from a problem I have on another VBulletin board as well; namely that I don't always get e-mail notifications.

I never got a nofication for this (old) post. And my more recent post, I got one for the first, reply, then for the next one(s) I didn't, but for the replies after my third post in the thread, I did.

I have of course set e-mail notification to instant. The spamfilter at my provider is disabled, and my local spamfilter (spamassassin) didn't catch them. To be more precise, my most recent notification mail got a score of 1.9 out of 4.9 required, so it's unlikely earlier mails would have gotten score of 4.9 or higher. And, out of hunderds of spammails per week, I have only gotten 1 or 2 false positives that I know of in years.

I suspect there is a problem with VBulletin, because one other forum for which I've got this problem, makes use of VBulletin. Actually, a third one (I hardly visit) also never sent me an e-mail, even though I have configured it to. PHPBB forums don't have this problem.

Would it be possible for server admins to check the mail log for my e-mail address for the last few days, to see what might be the case?

No, that's not the case. For example, I didn't get an e-mail for your reply just now. Because it took relatively long, I decided to have a look and see if there were replies, and there were, for which I never got mail.

Also, on one of the other forums, it happens quite often that I won't get an e-mail notification for quite a while, and then after a few weeks, I do get one. Looking back at the thread, it is then obvious that I have missed days or weeksworth of conversation. If the cause was the line you posted, I would have never gotten an e-mail, as opposed to a delayed one.

But anyway, I would assume that the VBulletin logs contain messages about the e-mails it sends, so my request is if an admin can check what might have happened to my mails. A simple (if it's unix) "tail -n 10000 maillogfile |grep halfgaar" or something similair should be enough.

No, that's not the case. For example, I didn't get an e-mail for your reply just now. Because it took relatively long, I decided to have a look and see if there were replies, and there were, for which I never got mail.

Also, on one of the other forums, it happens quite often that I won't get an e-mail notification for quite a while, and then after a few weeks, I do get one. Looking back at the thread, it is then obvious that I have missed days or weeksworth of conversation. If the cause was the line you posted, I would have never gotten an e-mail, as opposed to a delayed one.

But anyway, I would assume that the VBulletin logs contain messages about the e-mails it sends, so my request is if an admin can check what might have happened to my mails. A simple (if it's unix) "tail -n 10000 maillogfile |grep halfgaar" or something similair should be enough.

I am having exactly the same problem. Any advice?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.