Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Forum Problems If there is a forum related problem please leave a message here so an Admin will see it.

Problems with Ipad
Problems with Ipad
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd September 2021, 03:49 AM   #1
wirewiggler is offline wirewiggler  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Problems with Ipad

I am not sure if it was a change on the DIY audio site or an update on my IPad but about 6 mos ago my IPad started crashing on pages with lots of pictures. Also at the same time picture formatting changed, they are much larger than the text boxes. Also for some reason when I upload pictures it randomly rotates them. The pages are crashing half a dozen times a night, I have tried all of the IPad Safari suggestions and turning Java scrip off seamed to help but then nothing works right.

Thanks
Bill
Old 22nd September 2021, 05:17 AM   #2
NickKUK is offline NickKUK  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Navigating into the forums as a new tab/window in safari causes the page load to error and then reattempt repeatedly without a programmed back off - almost like a DOS attack. Existing tabs from yesterday are fine and so is loading pages from my iPhone.

At some point I'll update the machine. It's running macOS Catalina 10.15.7 and Safari version 14.1.2 (15611.3.10.1.5, 15611).
Old 22nd September 2021, 05:34 AM   #3
AllenB is offline AllenB  Australia
diyAudio Moderator

Problems with Ipad
I'm not aware of any forum change that could explain this kind of behaviour. Is it slow? Sometimes timeouts can lead to problems with a page.

Pictures do come out in different sizes, especially over the first couple of views. The new software is going to be different in that regard.

About the rotating images. This is because phones save information about which way you were holding the phone when you took the picture. You can remove this 'EXIF' data.
Old 22nd September 2021, 07:00 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Ok, I think Safari (for me) had issues.

Restarting safari worked and I've now updated to Big Sur which is also fine.
Old 22nd September 2021, 07:44 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Actually I've just noted this on the top of the page:

"message: "adsbygoogle.push() error: Only one AdSense head tag supported per page. The second tag is ignored.""

That's in Big Sur 11.6 with Safari Version 15.0 (16612.1.29.41.4, 16612).
Old 22nd September 2021, 08:09 AM   #6
AllenB is offline AllenB  Australia
diyAudio Moderator

Problems with Ipad
This is unrelated to the other items, it is being looked into.
Old 22nd September 2021, 08:10 AM   #7
MikePP is online now MikePP
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenB View Post
This is unrelated to the other items, it is being looked into.
It's gone now anyway (for now)
Old 22nd September 2021, 08:54 AM   #8
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Problems with Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirewiggler View Post
I am not sure if it was a change on the DIY audio site or an update on my IPad but about 6 mos ago my IPad started crashing on pages with lots of pictures. Also at the same time picture formatting changed, they are much larger than the text boxes. Also for some reason when I upload pictures it randomly rotates them. The pages are crashing half a dozen times a night, I have tried all of the IPad Safari suggestions and turning Java scrip off seamed to help but then nothing works right.

Thanks
Bill
No changes I can think of 6 months ago.

As all our energy is going into the new platform at the moment, we probably won't be able to investigate this issue unless more people report it. The cost you're seeing is over a decade old and incompatibilities with new browsers are unfortunately inevitable without continuous update by the platform provider. Give it a month if you can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKUK View Post
Actually I've just noted this on the top of the page:

"message: "adsbygoogle.push() error: Only one AdSense head tag supported per page. The second tag is ignored.""

That's in Big Sur 11.6 with Safari Version 15.0 (16612.1.29.41.4, 16612).
I just updated the Adsense and Analytics code and made a cut and paste error Fixed now, but if you see any more weirdness please do report. Should be good now.
Old 23rd September 2021, 06:03 AM   #9
wirewiggler is offline wirewiggler  United States
diyAudio Member

Thank you all for replies I figured it would be fixed in time why I had not reported it sooner. Hopefully new platform will fix safari issues. I use my tablet most of time,
  Reply to this post

Problems with IpadHide this!Advertise here!