Problems with Ipad

I am not sure if it was a change on the DIY audio site or an update on my IPad but about 6 mos ago my IPad started crashing on pages with lots of pictures. Also at the same time picture formatting changed, they are much larger than the text boxes. Also for some reason when I upload pictures it randomly rotates them. The pages are crashing half a dozen times a night, I have tried all of the IPad Safari suggestions and turning Java scrip off seamed to help but then nothing works right.

Thanks
Bill

Navigating into the forums as a new tab/window in safari causes the page load to error and then reattempt repeatedly without a programmed back off - almost like a DOS attack. Existing tabs from yesterday are fine and so is loading pages from my iPhone.

At some point I'll update the machine. It's running macOS Catalina 10.15.7 and Safari version 14.1.2 (15611.3.10.1.5, 15611).

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
I'm not aware of any forum change that could explain this kind of behaviour. Is it slow? Sometimes timeouts can lead to problems with a page.

Pictures do come out in different sizes, especially over the first couple of views. The new software is going to be different in that regard.

About the rotating images. This is because phones save information about which way you were holding the phone when you took the picture. You can remove this 'EXIF' data.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I am not sure if it was a change on the DIY audio site or an update on my IPad but about 6 mos ago my IPad started crashing on pages with lots of pictures. Also at the same time picture formatting changed, they are much larger than the text boxes. Also for some reason when I upload pictures it randomly rotates them. The pages are crashing half a dozen times a night, I have tried all of the IPad Safari suggestions and turning Java scrip off seamed to help but then nothing works right.

Thanks
Bill

No changes I can think of 6 months ago.

As all our energy is going into the new platform at the moment, we probably won't be able to investigate this issue unless more people report it. The cost you're seeing is over a decade old and incompatibilities with new browsers are unfortunately inevitable without continuous update by the platform provider. Give it a month if you can!

Actually I've just noted this on the top of the page:

"message: "adsbygoogle.push() error: Only one AdSense head tag supported per page. The second tag is ignored.""

That's in Big Sur 11.6 with Safari Version 15.0 (16612.1.29.41.4, 16612).

I just updated the Adsense and Analytics code and made a cut and paste error :) Fixed now, but if you see any more weirdness please do report. Should be good now.