Forum appearance

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
If it was anything like this:
diyAudio site not opening correctly...

then I found that changing DNS settings away from the defaults which are provided by my ISP (which is BT) and using an alternative like Google DNS or Cloudflare solved this and other weird issues. Only takes a few seconds to change it.

How to change DNS settings on your PC running Windows 10 | Windows Central.

Code:
Google Public DNS IP addresses

The Google Public DNS IP addresses (IPv4) are as follows:

The Google Public DNS IPv6 addresses are as follows:
2001:4860:4860::8888
2001:4860:4860::8844

--------------------------------------------------------------

Cloudflare DNS:

For IPv4:

For IPv6:
2606:4700:4700::1111
2606:4700:4700::1001

Home Page something wrong

Hi,:witch:
I have been on diyaudio years ,and not had problems,BUT last night the log in page wanted email address and password. Not Log in and password,
I did trying to changed but got errors every where I turned,so I could nav the site so i did.
I shut down the comp. unplugged it and went to sleep.
Today I plugged it in,turned it on and the Diyaudio page return like that never happened,JASON said to change password, Thanks for the help!

Hi, It might be related ...... just yesterday Firefox updated to version 89. It changes lot of things and really messed up my bookmark, menus and page fonts and sizes. There is a temporary fix to load a special line that is for developer use. Unfortunately they say it will go away in two months. You need to go into about:config then enter browser.proton.contextmenus.enabled when there change it from true to false. It will restore the previous settings. Their only other suggestion is to re-load 88 and tell it not to update automatically. Additionally I tried Chrome and it does work OK with the site and other places so it is an alternative. I really hate it when they fix things that didn't need it.