Post Formatting Issues?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
More and more I come across posts which require me to scroll horizontally to read sentences that are 2 feet long. You have to scroll back and forth and back and forth just to read them. I usually get frustrated and just move along.

Is there any way to fix this? I assume it has something to do with the poster, not the reader. None of my posts look like this.

I also see numerous posts where the pics are so large that only a tiny portion of them are visible. Clicking on the pic, which normally enlarges it, actually makes it smaller and, in most cases useful. Again, I suspect this is has something to do with the way the poster is uploading the pic.

I don't recall seeing either of these issues many years ago.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Cameras today have too many gosh-darn pixels. And nobody knows how to size appropriately.

Used to be that, *here*, F5 might resize images to fit the display, but that stopped working (probably a browser "update" not a forum change).

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
There is a setting. Please follow the screenshot and type about:config into your address bar, then search for newlines and change to false.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-03-04 11-54-51.png
    Screenshot from 2021-03-04 11-54-51.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 118
This issue (images displaying verbatim and breaking the forum width) are going to be resolved during our migration to XenForo which is in the actively-being-planned-and-specified phase as I type.
That's good to hear. Any estimate as to when this update might be implemented?

Also, I should mention, that this is not an issue that's limited to DIY Audio. I thought it might be something on my end but apparently others are experiencing the same problems.

Firefox - I like for privacy and configurability.

But , for transactions and in-page forms ... ahhh.

It seems that most of the web has conformed to the webkit (chrome/edge)
standard. I use Edge.

About 1 in 10 sites have glitches with Firefox. Either forms will show ghost text,
no pasting ... other assorted errata.

DIYA works well with either browser , BTW.

PS - this site is FLAWLESS on W7/Edge. Better than a few years ago.

OS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.