No email when a thread changes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
...puts our email source address in to their email contacts and it prevents their email account service from doubting it.

No.

Many people keep their Contacts on the local machine, where the mail server can not see it. My Contacts are in FireFox. gMail can not see that. (Yes gMail maintains a contact list in the web-mode interface but I never look at that.)

Generally the bulk spam filter (which really does catch 99% of the bulk spam around) acts without knowing the TO: of the spam.... that would take too long.

Yes, some "smart" contact lists will tell the mailserver "this guy is spam" and maybe "this guy is not spam". You can try toggling DIYA on and off. But I have not seen this do anything in years. (Maybe a decade. I've been getting a weekly megaspam which looks semi-legit and won't stop with server-side filters. I can set a TBird filter to delete it after it comes.)

Ryssen, you will have a spam folder as it's part of the mail service. If you use a client like Thunderbird or Outlook you can subscribe to the IMAP spam folder from your e-mail provider. If you're logging in through webmail you will definitely be able to find the spam folder.

I have occasionally had e-mail from websites I've had no problem with get flagged as spam and have had to manually add it to my whitelist. Perhaps it happens when forum software is updated, or some e-mail protocol is adjusted by Google or Microsoft or whoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.