after posting, when posting again the first quoted text remains

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have noticed the following:

I make a comment quoting the text of an existing post as part of my comment. I submit my comment and then go to reply to another post in the same way, quoting the text of a another, different post.
When I do that, the text from the post I quoted in my first comment is still in the dialog box along with the text from the second post I quoted.

Shouldn't quoted text be cleared out once the comment has been posted?

Is it just when using multi-quote? I'll take a look at that.

I'm not sure what multi-quote is... is that the ["+] button next to the [Reply] button? I am always using that, even when I only want to quote one post. Maybe that is not the intended use?

Also, THIS POST shows the latest example. I missed the fact that the upper/first quoted post was still there, but it's not too late to edit the post to remove it.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
On the bottom right of every post you will find the Quote and the Multi-Quote button.

quote.gif
Single Quote: For quoting just this post. This is the most used.

multiquote_off.gif
Multi-Quote: For quoting this and other posts.

On the bottom right of every post you will find the Quote and the Multi-Quote button.

Single Quote: For quoting just this post. This is the most used.

Multi-Quote: For quoting this and other posts.

In this very thread, the last post has no
button, only the [Reply] and ["+] buttons. If you choose to click [Reply] there is only a blank text input box. Is there not supposed to be a
button with the last post in a thread?

I guess since I had to turn to using the multiquote button to quote the last post in a thread, I started doing it all the time.

That still doesn't explain why, when I use multiquote and just quote one post, then submit my comment, the text that I multiquoted gets included in the next reply, when I again use multiquote in place of quote.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.