How do I contact a moderator to re-allow post editing?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Try clicking on the username and choosing send private message. Alternatively you can click the report button on your own post (the red triangle at the lower left). Post editing is usually reserved for exceptional circumstances, to preserve the flow of a thread.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
...neither of them gave me the option to send them a message....

If you do not need personal service, the triangle "!"
report.gif
icon lower-left of your message in question is generally best. This puts the request in the Moderator's Dashboard, so the next mod online/awake will see the request.

Pulling the curtain: here is a screen-snippet of another forum on different software and redacted for my privacy. But the essential functions have changed little since 1990. Mod Reports go in a to-do list. Logged-in mods have a Moderate menu. In this one, if there is stuff to do, it blinks. Any Mod can read the report, act on it, or not, close it, or not.

When there are 100,000+ members on a free forum, you get some strange reports. That's why the Report icon here warns of "overuse..penalties". However *your* issue with re-edit time-out in a long useful thread is (IMHO only) a reasonable request. (Especially since it is hard to express this forum's edit-lock in one thought.)

Attachments

• ModControlPanel-42.gif
    ModControlPanel-42.gif
    89 KB · Views: 106
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.