Please ban the racist term "Chi Fi".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please ban the term "Chi Fi" from the forum. It is an example of cultural racism. I know that not all people, including forum management may be aware of modern forms of racism, so I will spell it out. Chi Fi is cultural racism because it's very usage implies that "Hi Fi" is the normal state, and "Chi Fi" is the non-normal state, and of course normal is therefore not Chinese. Research racism yourself if you do not accept this.

The phenomenon known as “Chi-fi” — a mashup of “Chinese” and “high-fidelity" is usually used to refer to portable audio gear — that come from essentially anonymous Chinese companies. It’s a twist on the strange shadow marketplace you enter when you search for something basic on Amazon (“iPhone case,” “boxer briefs”) and end up with pages upon pages of Chinese brands you’ve never heard of.
It only gets better from there. This article goes over the history and it names some of the companies that are involved and some of the companies that have been able to leverage this phenominum to grow their own unique recognizable brands.
Please read the whole feature by clicking through:
THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF CHINESE HI-FI

The article was meticulously researched by Dan Nosowitz with special thanks to Mike Klasco from Menlo Scientific.

Well there you go - the terms sounds unequivocally RACIST to me and must banned in all forms. Nuance and common sense not required here. Come to think of it, this is the most terribly sino-phobic thing I've read about since the arrest of Meng Wanzhou. China should respond by interning and executing some more Canadian nationals in retaliation.

Well there you go - the terms sounds unequivocally RACIST to me and must banned in all forms. Nuance and common sense not required here. Come to think of it, this is the most terribly sino-phobic thing I've read about since the arrest of Meng Wanzhou. China should respond by interning and executing some more Canadian nationals in retaliation.
Well, that escalated quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.