Multi-Quote This Message Button

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Thanks for the bug report Scott. I've also just addressed PRR's report about the quick reply messing up the consistency as well. That now just shows an edit button, no reply or quote to your own quick-reply'd post. This is all sub-optimal and hacky, and I do apologize. It's intended as a stop-gap measure to address the increase in over-quoting for now, until we are on the new software platform in a few months and then we can tailor things to work perfectly as we'd like them.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Yes, it was intended to not have the QUOTE button on the last post in a thread. A bug made it the last post on the page, which was fixed. FWIW, the bug may have been browser specific.

It has now been modified to have the last button read Reply instead of quote. The function is a little different between the two.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Off topic

While trying to control human behavior with computer interface...

Lately there is a FAD for drip-drip-drip-drip posting. Multiple consecutive small posts in a few minutes. This is just an illustrative example. (I'm not even thinking of another member who has left the water running....)

11th July 2020, 04:35 PM #37
11th July 2020, 04:38 PM #38
11th July 2020, 04:41 PM #39
11th July 2020, 04:44 PM #40

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.